Bumble and bumble began as an NYC salon where we clipped, colored and styled our way into prominence with a legendary editorial team, a strong design ethic, a Network of like-minded salons and extraordinary products (coveted by hairdressers, actors, models and beauty junkies worldwide); to this day cultivating creativity whilst remaining deeply and passionately dedicated to the craft, culture and commerce of hairdressing.
Position Title: Salon Color Floor Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Salon Manager
General Summary: The coordinator will assist the Salon Manager in day-to-day operations of the color floor. These include coordinating staff activities to ensure efficient operations and delivery of the High Touch Ideal Client Experience.
· Supports, communicates and models the Bumble and bumble mission, values and policies.
· Recommends and implements process improvements to maximize quality and timely service delivery.
· Supports the Salon color floor Service plan by making recommendations to the Salon Manager for adjustments in Colorists schedules in order to optimize chair utilization.
· Manages pending appointment requests list. Assures consistent communications of retail sales goals to stylists.
· Conducts apprentice communications meetings monthly.
· Coordinates efforts with cutting floor coordinator to create synergy between departments, including supporting Color blow-drys and cross service promotions.
· Partners with Salon Client Service Supervisor and desk teams to manage all color floor client recovery issues and demonstrates excellence in customer service.
· Sets daily apprentice list.
· Assists with managing and ensuring cleanliness of the Salon (i.e. mixing and shampoo areas, blow dry bar, beverage stations, etc) via daily checklists and hourly walkthroughs. Delegates and supervises the completion of all maintenance and housekeeping needs.
· Ensures management of salon retail operations on color floor is performing to plan.
· Communicates daily with stock rooms supervisor to ensure appropriate stock levels and merchandise presentations.
· Reviews department trends and makes regular recommendations to initiate departmental changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
· Oversees organization of magazines, counters, cabinets, closets, forms supply and back-bar products.
· Reports all system issues with Salon software and follows through to assure system is maintained.
· Partners with Salon apprentice program manager for ongoing feedback and performance/skill development, creating synergy between the educational platform and real time Salon performance.
· Listens and promptly responds to client complaints and manages all client recovery, follow up and follow through. Partners with Salon manager to create, set and maintain systems for key learnings and accountability for all client issues to assure minimum levels of complaints and non-repeat issues.
· Performs manager on duty (MOD) tasks as required.
· Demonstrates and models a team-oriented, collaborative spirit in order to support the company’s high touch leadership competencies.
· Communicates to Salon manager any challenges with staff performance and/or adherence to time and attendance policies.
- 1-2 years of prior leadership experience with a proven individual sales track record, excellent customer service, time management, teamwork, strong motivational and communication skills and results driven attitude.
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service and respond to and resolve difficult customer situations.
- Ability to work independently and perform MOD duties.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to delegate tasks, follow up and follow through.
- Is assertive and quick thinking and displays common sense/good judgment.
- Ability to work in a busy, multi-faceted environment.
- Ability to work mornings, nights and weekends as required.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.