MIKA is the first online fashion and shopping solution, providing customers a new, stylist-approved ensemble every day of the week. Via PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android device, MIKA shoppers can view and purchase the most cutting-edge, fashion-forward outfits. Each MIKA Look is curated from head-to-toe, resulting in a simplified shopping experience.
MIKA is looking for an intern to focus on the fields of copywriting and merchandising for our stellar editorial style e-commerce website. The fashion copywriter will be responsible for writing on-site copy for the clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and watches categories. This is an opportunity that allows you to work directly with the entire team, assist on shoots as well as on website, work with designer, contemporary brands, and be a part of a unique up-and-coming fashion e-commerce shopping destination!
• Assist creative director/buying team and participate in conceptual development, writing and creative processes
• Gather/research product information and write engaging, on-brand product and main look copy
• Daily upload of product description and images to website
• Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting deadlines
• Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of and interest in fashion, including clothing, shoes, bags, jewelry, and watches
• Possess broad experience in digital formats
• Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and CMS systems
• Passion for helping us to create the content and aesthetic for our site
• Understanding of target audience and ability to translate products into compelling creative copy
• Must be available to work at least three days a week
Please note, this is an unpaid internship position; however, excellent interns are always considered for hired positions.
To apply, send your resume and relevant writing samples to Caitlin at email@example.com.