Title: Social Media Manager
Brand: Rebecca Minkoff
Reporting To: Editorial Director
Direct Reports: NA currently but may change
The position will range from forming the strategic roadmap for the brand to being very hands on and actually posting content, analyzing it and driving business results. S/he will think and act strategically, ensure advance planning of initiatives and create big ideas while having the ability , diligence, drive and attention to detail and passion to execute the strategy & always be responsive.
All candidates must be proactive and possess the ability to handle last-minute creative/business requests, work under tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities.
They will be responsible for the execution of high quality & high impact social media campaigns with a strong emphasis on how we will tell a story across our channels (retail, ecommerce & with wholesale partners) and drive not only engagement but also revenue.
Excellent communication and writing skills are important to this role as such skills will add to the overall quality of work. This role reports to the Editorial Director who reports into the SVP of ecommerce & Digital Marketing.
Description of key job functions:
o Work closely with creative, ecommerce, sales & retail to drive engagement and revenue.
o Own the content calendar and ensure all above departments are aligned & aware of all plans across our social media channels.
o Proactively identify actionable insights & call out in the weekly social media reports which are circulated to the executive team (CEO, President, CFO, SVP ecomm, digital & VP PR)
o Provide new & upcoming opportunities for us to experiment --- be our social media trendspotter….what is the next instagram?
o Update our social media playbook and provide Best Practices for RM so her posts leverage all of the learnings we have garnered from our consumers
Key duties and responsibilities: Other responsibilities may be assigned.
•Create KPIs for all programs
•Ensure that all measurement tools, CTA etc. for all social programs are in place
•Work daily with key social media partners & external companies (especially on multi-partnership deals)
•Ensure continuity in visual messaging across all social media platforms (note doesn’t mean the exact same image more so, that the messaging builds across channels)
•Works closely with SVP of ecomm, digital marketing & VP of PR on press release information, panel talking points for CEO etc.
•Develops & accountable for timelines and budgets associated with all programs.
•Manages all blogger outreach to B list bloggers and below (gifting programs, events, co-hosted giveaways etc.)
•Drives out-of-the-box creative ideas being implemented & continuously shares best practices.
•Deliver scaleable social media programs solutions that drive results.
· At least 5+ years social media experience (agency or brand side…optimally a mix) within the digital space
· Desire to embrace both the creative side but also the analytical aspects of social media.
· Experience with database-driven social/digital programs (fashion brands a plus).
· In-depth experience posting across all platforms (Snapchat, twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, What’s App etc.)
· Ability to multi-task & thrive in a very fast paced environment
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and is able to work with a range of disciplines (marketing, creative, customer service, sales, retail etc.).
·Bachelor or Master degree
·Entrepreneurial spirit & true interest in social & digital marketing
·Solid understanding of web/mobile standards & great creative eye for photography (especially relevant for Instagram posting)
·Ability to create and deliver weekly metrics reports that provide actionable insights from prior week’s social activities (report format exists but open to evolving it)
· Working experience with video, companies like curalate, RivalIQ
· Computer skills: Photoshop (optimally)
· Strong project management, organizational & planning skills
· Digital thought leader & active in the social media space
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Tammy at Teckenswiller@rebeccaminkoff.com.