Position: Business Development Intern
Location: New York
Reports to: Business Development Manager, Salons
Bumble and bumble is a fast-growing, luxury hair care brand located in NYC. It started as an NYC salon and evolved into a multi-million dollar brand comprised of 2 salons, a product company that houses a strong in-house creative agency, a direct sales force, and a university for hairdressers and salon owners.
To this day we are committed to cultivating creativity while remaining deeply and passionately dedicated to the craft, culture and commerce of hairdressing.
Position Summary: Bumble and bumble is looking for a hair enthusiastic intern to begin August 2014. Candidates should have a keen interest in beauty and fashion and be willing to work 4 days a week for pay. Intern will support the Bumble and Bumble-owned New York City Salons in achieving targeted revenue plans through Creative Marketing, Strategic Local Business Alliances, Local Brand Awareness, Group Sales & Events, as well as, commerce driven e-Marketing/Internal Marketing, PR and Social Media.
· Provide support for driving new local business and local brand awareness to build strategic local partnerships – including hotel partners and concierge referral programs
· Support the Business Development Manager leverage and support our PR initiatives and commerce driven e-marketing by building and maintaining our local client profile/data base
· Aid the Business Development Manager development of Salon-focused social media channels
· Support the Business Development Manager in the development, marketing and implementation of Salon client loyalty programs
· Assist with coordination of group business and events through production and execution
· Perform daily administrative support for Salon department
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· We are looking for a passionate, loyal, responsible, self-starter who is a team player
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Creative thinker
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Passionate about learning
· Strong analytical skills
Education and Experience:
· Major in Marketing, Sales or Public Relations Communications preferred.
· Strong computer skills (Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint)
· CRM systems (i.e. Constant Contact, Survey Monkey);
· Social Media Experience and passion.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org