Eric Javits, a high-end designer hat and handbag company, is looking for motivated Fall interns to work with our Public Relations team. Our ideal candidate will be available 2-3 full days a week and must receive college credit. Interested candidates can send their cover letter and resume to Katie@ericjavits.com
Eric Javits Internship Learning Objectives
This internship is designed to show students the inner workings of an in-house public relations team, and prepare them for a position in fashion PR after graduation. Interns will be given a weekly metro card to cover their commuting expenses, and will be able to receive school credit.
The student intern will gain experience in the following areas:
1. Day to Day management of Press Samples – tracking inventory, checking pieces in and out for sample loans, importance of all administrative procedures, i.e. proper labeling, organization, inventory management and invoicing.
2. Interpreting editors’ shoot inspirations and pulling appropriate pieces to fulfill their requests – researching themes and runway trends.
3. Caring for delicate one of a kind accessories and archiving them for design reference and sample loans.
4. Understanding the process of creating custom products for celebrities, magazines or special events.
5. Creation of company press kits that accurately represent the brand in order to learn about the thought process and marketing behind it.
6. Maintaining an up-to-date archive of tear sheets & press mentions.
7. Professional social media management for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
8. Researching new press opportunities for the brand: stylists, magazines, events, etc.
9. Writing skills – creating press releases and pitch emails.
10. Trade show preparation and visual merchandising of the booth space and showroom.
11. E-commerce photoshoots – including hosting go-sees, sample management, creating the most efficient shot order and on-set assistance.
12. Photoshop – the process of editing images for the website.
13. Updating press, customer and email blast lists.