In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a bold feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of her inventive design and soon after Barneys New York placed their first order and the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launching as a millinery (hat) collection, the brand has since evolved to include other accessories such as scarves, gloves, belts and shoes. In 2004 Eugenia was awarded the CFDA Accessories Designer of the Year award.
With an innovative approach to luxury, the Eugenia Kim brand marries clean, classic shapes with a fresh, feminine modernity and playful sense of wit. Unexpected details, bold colors and rich fabrics are the signature elements that define the collections each season.
Headquartered and handmade in New York City, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, in addition to over 200 specialty boutiques worldwide.
We are looking to hire a smart, uber-organized and ambitious F/T Sales Assistant to work in our showroom. This is an entry-level position for a recent graduate who majored in Fashion Marketing or Merchandising (we will review resumes from people w/ ALL majors however). You must have strong Excel skills and sincerely desire a career in the fashion industry (Yes, there is a lot of math in fashion!). You need to understand wholesale (vs retail) and be well versed on who the major high-end contemporary and luxury brands are and where they sell.
* Administrative support to Sales Director and Sales Department
* Enter sales orders and communicate w/ buyers about their order details and confirmations
* Create sales presentations for each season and collection
* Monitor samples In/Out for Department
* Create training packets for accounts upon request
* Organize all information and materials for each collection at the start of each season
* Take in-house images of samples in collection, upload onto the server, properly label and organize
* Create and maintain master document with all styles for each collection w/ all pertinent information
* Assisting in any and all tasks relating to Sales and Marketing (i.e. trade shows, sample sales, buyer appointments, press days, etc.)
* Assign interns daily tasks
Please email a brief cover letter, resume, salary requirements and your availability to begin employment to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!