Material Wrld is the ultimate designer fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn gift cards upfront from top retailers and brands. Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News. We are currently headquartered in New York City’s NoMad neighborhood.
We are looking for a talented Brand Copywriter who will bring our brand voice and personality to life. Working in collaboration with the Creative Director, you will help shape the brand voice and tone from our company philosophy and creative re-branding brief. You’re a writer, ferocious reader, and able to think strategically. You will create intelligent and insightful writing for a modern audience that is engaging and inclusive. An appreciation for style, high-end fashion industry and digital technologies is a plus.This is an excellent opportunity for copywriters who want to make a large impact at a dynamic fashion tech startup and gain valuable hands-on experience in online fashion.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Possesses a good sense of humor and is able to convey it with taste.
• Help to establish distinctive brand voice and unique perspective.
•Understands brand identity, positioning and captures an honest brand voice as it relates to the brand direction.
• Translates high-level concepts and creative briefs into finished copy.
• Contributes to content development with creative ideas and tactics.
•Contributes to brainstorming and creative brief development.
•Able to transform complex and diverse range of concepts into clear and compelling messages.
•Seamlessly translates brand message into copy for websites, emails, social media posts, and display advertising.
•Aids in development and implementation of direction, standards and guidelines for ongoing copy language.
•Is culturally and socially aware.
•An acute focus on quality, context and meaning.
• Is curious.
• Possesses a diverse range of interests.
• Able to adapt to a flexible and fast-paced work environment.
• Your writing communicates to an audience with charisma and empathy.
• Clarity and brevity are your guiding tenets.
•An impressive portfolio that presents integrated ideas and brand/advertising/marketing concepts.
• A minimum of 2+ years as a copywriter with creative agencies or brands.
• Able to work in Greater New York Area
Contact: Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com