Material Wrld is the ultimate designer fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn gift cards upfront from top retailers and brands. Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News. We are currently headquartered in New York City’s NoMad neighborhood.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial intern for the Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 school year with a passion for the end-to-end operations to support our fashion eCommerce business. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in startups, has a great proactive attitude, and is excited to roll up her sleeves and support daily operations. You will work closely with company founders to tag items, do photos shoots, fill orders, and plan offline sale events.
As a minimum, we require a 16 hrs / week commitment for this unpaid internship. This is an excellent opportunity for students who want to make a large impact at a dynamic fashion tech startup and gain valuable hands-on experience in online fashion.
- Support order filling with best-in-practice service- Support item tagging and photo shoots
- Support operations improvement program, sharing weekly learnings and recommendations
- Help plan and support offline community and sale events with strategic partners
- Proactive attitude and self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in working at a startup or building your own business
- Strong communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- A passion for online shopping and fashion
- Fashion operations or events experience
- Photography and styling experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jie Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.