A 2000 sq. ft. new retail concept store in the heart of Chelsea’s burgeoning High Line and gallery district, STORY changes its theme, store design and store merchandise every 4-8 weeks. We showcase and sell products that vary from designer apparel and accessories to beauty, home and electronics. The store also hosts events ranging from cocktail parties, lectures, book launches and screenings, as well as company parties.
STORY is a fun, fast paced and rapidly growing company with huge potential for professional growth opportunities! STORY has received phenomenal acclaim since opening almost two years ago.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an individual to keep pace with the rapid growth of the company and ever increasing quality and sales expectations of sales associates. The GM will oversee, manage and execute functions that will maintain and exceed these standards.
Core Competencies and Traits
Sales and Goal Oriented – Must have the ability to maintain and communicate company’s commitment to goals, drive sales, and measure team’s performance.
Leadership Abilities – Can align and manage other team members to reach goals to support the strategic direction of the business.
Developmental and Training Skills – The ability to recognize and recruit talent, delegate responsibility, and work with staff and coach them to help them grow. Able to motivate staff and provide helpful, behaviorally specific feedback.
Performance Management Skills – Must be able to take responsibility for one’s own performance and the team’s performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against those goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Clarify expectations and provide resources and training needed to achieve goals.
Entrepreneurial – Take full ownership for every facet of the store’s operation, and actively strive to achieve goals beyond the minimum level of performance. A self-starter who has the ability to work well without close supervision.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing overall operation of the store in an efficient manner, while achieving and maintaining the standards set for by the founder
• Assuring the highest level of customer service and upkeep of physical space
• Maintaining schedules, productivity and morale
• Conveying brand messages as outlined by trainings and founder
• Working with buying team to develop and execute trainings
• Delivering exceptional customer service
• Opening / Closing store
• Maintaining inventory
• Training staff on POS
• Hiring full time, part time and seasonal staff.
• Daily review/morning meeting with staff of FAQ regarding specific brands
• Project Manage events (staffing, catering, entertainment, multi-media set up, etc)
• Responsible for establishing daily sales goals and communicating the Daily Focus to the team.
• Coach and maintain the highest standards of customer service & selling.
• Maintain sales focus and goal achievement throughout the day.
• Coordinate new associates training as well as existing staff.
• Liaise with Buying team for training materials and provide feedback on current materials.
• Responsible for establishing a daily replenishment system for the sales floor.
• Responsible for daily upkeep of physical space
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a retail management position
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Friendly & motivated
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends
• Strong computer skills; experience on POS a plus
• Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills
• Highly organized
• Ability to constantly prioritize duties and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Can-do attitude, resilient with the ability to remain calm when under pressure
• Ability to skillfully interact with individuals at all levels, sometimes under pressure remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, conscientious and efficient
• A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.