Shopkick is searching for an exceptionally talented Content Curator to develop and source a wide variety of inspiring retail-based content. Our Content Curators are responsible for inspiring shoppers to visit brick-and-mortar retail locations through great curation, evocative visual storytelling and clever narration of fashion and lifestyle-related topics. If you are obsessed with shopping, seek a fast-paced start-up environment and are eager to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
•Employ a creative blend of merchandising, copywriting and visual storytelling skills to produce a high volume of inspiring, engaging and on-trend mobile content
•Stay on top of current and emerging trends in retail, including—but not limited to—apparel,
•jewelry, shoes, accessories, lifestyle/home goods, beauty products, and CPGs
•Research, pull images and write compelling, thoughtful copy for a variety of retailers
•Create and upload content daily, using a web-based administration tool, HTML and Microsoft Excel
• You have a BA/BS in writing, art, design, fashion merchandising, or digital communications—or at least one year of online merchandising, copywriting, or digital marketing experience
• You have experience working in digital editorial or WordPress, and are comfortable troubleshooting HTML
• You have a working knowledge of Photoshop, and can confidently edit images and design assets
• You have a strong, cohesive aesthetic vision and a sharp eye for viral, high-quality merchandise and a strong knowledge of fashion and lifestyle brands
• You can effectively manage time-sensitive projects from concept to delivery
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can work well in a vibrant, collaborative team environment
If this role interests you, please send your info with the subject line “Content Curator” to Jobs@shopkick.com.
shopkick is the largest location-based shopping app. Within one year from launch, 3.3 million users signed up in the U.S., 13 retail partners, including Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Simon Malls and others, and 20 brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Colgate, Clorox, Disney, HP, Intel).
shopkick’s vision is to completely transform shopping at physical stores for consumers, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, with investors Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and early stage investor in Facebook and Zynga) behind it.
shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. shopkick has created a game-changing mobile app that the Wall Street Journal named as one of the Top 10 Apps among 450,000 on Apple’s App Store. It won the runner-up Crunchie award for the best social commerce app by TechCrunch, and Fast Company named it one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Retail along with Apple, Amazon.com and Starbucks.