Nanette Lepore is seeking a creative, enthusiastic and energetic assistant designer. Candidates must be adept at sketching, mock-ups, draping and coming up with trendy new ideas in the contemporary market.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Manage the running of the sample room.
- Responsible for delegating and overseeing the workflow of the sample room to the cutters and sewers to ensure the completion of all market samples and production fit samples.
- Ensure market samples are shipped and received to all showrooms on time.
- Responsible for staying within the time and action calendar.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop new ideas and sketches with strong integration of seasonal concepts.
- Participate in concept and design meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of fashion shows.
- Degree in apparel design, minimum 1-2 years working experience designing women's contemporary sportswear.
- Excellent design and hand sketching skills required.
- Strong technical knowledge of woven apparel construction.
- Strong knowledge of fabric and trims as well as relationships and resources.
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in layouts and mock ups.
- Computer skills: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, MS outlook
TO APPLY: Send your resume in word format to:
Please reference the Job Title in the subject line of your message when applying by email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.