Post+Beam’s Los Angeles office seeks a savvy and proactive Public Relations Associate with at least 2-3 years experience and who has an interest and background in fashion, beauty and lifestyle. The candidate must have established media and influencer contacts, and solid writing/editing skills. Candidate should be able to perform in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and successfully collaborating with clients and colleagues.
He or she will also have an up-beat attitude, strong work ethic, ability to take initiative and work well in a team environment. Respondents are required to submit two writing/pitch samples, their cover letter, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Provide essential public relations support to assigned clientele; responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing client programs and activities
• Ensure that all programs are strategically on target with clients’ business objectives and maintain day-to-day contact
• Conduct press outreach to various forms of media (national, trade, local, broadcast, online, etc.), and industry influencers (celebrity, blogger, etc.) to appropriately position clientele in the marketplace
• Capacity to oversee general client administrative tasks, such as client meeting/call agendas, recap reports, press clips and monthly reports
• Media and samples tracking
• Assist with new business research, proposal writing, case-studies and presentations
• Assist in social media engagement & strategy for clients and agency
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field
• 2-3 years of PR and communications experience, including media relations, events, celebrity and blogger seeding, broadcast placement, etc.
• Strong, current and fluid working relationships with relevant fashion and market editors, industry influencers, etc.
• Excellent writing, presentation (written and verbal) skills and a strong work ethic
• Savvy, hard-working, problem-solving and culturally aware
• A results-driven motivation, strategic thinker, ability to handle multiple things at once and capability to work effectively in a team environment
• Track record of excellent client relationship management
• Strong background in program implementation and delivering results
• A passion for innovation in the fashion and lifestyle industry
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full time position located in Los Angeles.
Post+Beam is innovation + communication. We build awareness, change perceptions, and motivate action by creating experiences and narratives that are both inspiring and compelling. Our expertise spans branding, public relations, events and interactive, with capabilities that build powerful and dynamic integrated campaigns in-house. We consult with top organizations in fashion & lifestyle, arts & culture, design & architecture and technology, with a portfolio including Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, Sephora, Rachel Zoe, Karl Lagerfeld, Rimmel, The Guggenheim, W Hotels, and Facebook.