Location: Calabasas, CA
1st Class Fashion, a start up fashion and travel based social media company, is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working individual for our Marketing/Public Relations Position. Candidates should have a passion for the fashion industry and general knowledge about major fashion brands and current trends.
The Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the development and implementation of the brand’s communication strategy and public relations activities both domestically and internationally with the goal of creating brand awareness and creating customer engagement. You must be comfortable with communicating directly with the press and developing strategic communications. You must be current with emerging social media technologies and be able to enhance our ability to directly market to our target audience. We are looking for effective and creative communicators who have the ability to excite and interest an audience, while building confidence in the brand. Strong writing skills are critical for this position.
AS DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS, YOU WILL …
- Be part of a growing movement, directing strategy for brand initiatives
- Develop and implement strategic press plan across major media outlets including print and digital
- Ensure fluid communication between the company and corresponding national/regional press contacts
- Cultivate relationships with the media to improve brand’s positioning in the market
- Mentor your team in company marketing initiatives and strategy both in house as well as freelancers, consultants, and outside agencies
- Liaise with existing planning, editorial, and design elements
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- At least 3-6 years of previous public relations experience including prior/existing managing level role
- Strong writing communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas and pitch stories
- Established senior level editorial/publishing contacts
- An expressed understanding of the 1 Class Fashion brand
- Ability to take initiative and perform tasks in a self-sufficient manner
- Both gumption and finesse when communicating
- Ability and drive to work independently meeting goals and deadlines
- Brand building experience
- A strong understanding of current online communications concepts, strategy and best practice
- Experience in ecommerce and/or merchandising
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
Prior experience with Wordpress, Tumbler, InDesign and Photoshop is a plus. Applicant should additionally be familiar with general social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as fashion-related social media forums like Lookbook.nu.
Salary: Pay to be determined by experience level
Contact email@example.com with a resume, brief cover letter and three examples of your writing for consideration.
About our company
1st Class Fashion was created as an interactive way to provide sartorial and travel related content to style savvy consumers around the world, and through the platform, we strive to foster luxe, in-person experiences for our online users. Fashion lovers connect on 1stclassfashion.com by sharing photos of their daily style, then their friends and other community members “like” the photo. At the end of each month, those who receive 300 likes or more are awarded a 1st Class round trip ticket to anywhere in the world.