Billy Reid Inc. is a leading American luxury brand known for chic, classic and decidedly modern designs. Founded in 2004, Billy Reid offers a broad range of men’s and women’s apparel and accessories with a deep appreciation for heritage and respect for craftsmanship. Billy Reid Inc. is continually seeking motivated, talented, and dedicated individuals to fill key roles within its rapidly growing operations.
We are currently seeking an intern to assist the women’s design team this coming fall in New York. As we dive into Fall/Winter ’15 we are looking for an individual with some pep and polish to round out our team and help the women’s line continue to grow. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand his or her knowledge of how a successful fashion label works. As we are a small team, responsibilities are divvied out as needed, but this job calls for time management and a lot more than just coffee runs. Candidates will receive training to further develop their skills and knowledge while working alongside a team of passionate and dynamic individuals.
• Updating sketches in Illustrator
• Updating spreadsheets in Excel
• Receiving and cataloging packages as needed
• Spec’ing in samples as they come in to the studio and prep them for fittings
• Running errands uptown, picking up trim, communicating with factories etc.
• Cataloging swatches
• Positive attitude
• Able to multi-task
• Knowledge of Adobe creative programs and Microsoft Office
• Design or clothing construction experience is a plus
There are both part and full time internships available. Meals and transportation will be taken care of, although the position is unpaid.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.