Originally established in 1927 by Daniel Palter and Vincent DeLiso, Palter DeLiso is a heritage footwear and accessories brand considered a pioneer in the American luxury fashion market. Credited with the invention of the first peep-toe slingback pump in 1938, Palter DeLiso was well known as one of the premier footwear brands throughout the late 1960’s.
Its stunning designs frequented the editorial pages of American VOGUE and were shot by noteworthy photographers such as Richard Avedon. Donned by stage and screen actresses and society influencers alike, the brand was stocked in the shoe salons of retailers including Bonwit-Teller, Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
Re-introduced in 2013 by co-founders Lauren Bruksch and Taz Saunders, today’s Palter DeLiso celebrates the brand’s original tagline and philosophy‚ “The Mark of Couturier Shoes“ with modern, luxurious interpretations of classic silhouettes for today’s women.
The scope of work will include:
• Working directly with the Palter DeLiso team on day-to-day projects and deliverables (product inventory/archives; materials inventory and storage; design board creation and maintenance)
• Supporting marketing efforts, including media/key influencer, presentation/event, media monitoring and social media platforms
• Support Manager of Sales/Marketing and Manager of Operations/Finance with mailings, deliveries, overall organization and general administrative activities
• Support Manager of Sales/Marketing with ongoing brand projects and tasks, including; design/production of sales materials (lookbooks and linesheets); photo shoots; etc.
The terms of employment are as follows:
• Start date will begin in mid September 2014 and continue through mid-late December 2014.
• Workdays can be discussed based on availability
• Hours will be roughly 11am – 5pm (5-6 hours/day)
• Work location(s) will be at the Palter DeLiso Studio Space or in the field (e.g. an event, meeting out of office, errand, etc.)
• Direct reports will be Manager of Sales/Marketing and Manager of Operations/Finance
• School credit and/or paid
Please submit the following to email@example.com with “Palter DeLiso Internship- Your Name“ in the subject line:
1) A cover letter detailing any relevant experience and why you are interested in the internship
2) Your resumé