Two nationally recognized sister brands are sold in the best US boutiques such as Intermix, Shopbop, Madison, Ron Herman, Calypso, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. This person is passionate about fashion and loves the creative process. This is a fast paced, exciting environment that offers world travel and exposure to the best stores in the country.
- At least 5 years experience in the women’s contemporary market with an emphasis on soft dressing and embellishments
- Ability to do detailed overseas tech packs.
- Advanced sketching skills
- Someone who knows and sets the trends and is well versed in researching trend information.
- Expert at translating trends to fit the brands DNA and price point
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the contemporary market – know the stores and the brands they sell.
- Knows the best boutiques and vintage stores for inspiration shopping
- Extensive fabric, print and trim resources.
- Knowledge of pattern making, garment construction and fit.
- Be available to travel overseas for both trend shopping and factory development.
- Has overseas and domestic factory contacts.
- Must have a discerning eye and taste level that translates in the design process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
- Trend Research i.e. Art vendors and shopping trips
- Inspiration Boards, color palettes and print selection
- Hand Sketching for flats
- CAD development
- Work closely with pattern maker
- Spec garments for proto samples and production tech packs
- Create thorough tech Packs
- Manage sample development process
- Daily interaction with factories and vendors overseas.
- Work closely with production manager to ensure quality product
- Design for main line and private label programs
- Implement and ensure that design calendar is met.
- Self starter who knows how to prioritize
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Problem solver who thinks outside the box
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Extremely organized and result oriented
- Eager to learn
- Strong follow-through abilities
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT CURRENT RESUMES, COVER LETTER, AND 2-4 RECENT SKETCHES TO : TONI@DMASHOWROOM.COM