Premier consignment boutique, Second Time Around, is hiring a Store Manager in their Thompson Street location in NYC.
To create a fun and energetic shopping environment by delivering excellent customer service, encouraging professionalism and excellence and instilling a selling culture.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed sales goals with an understanding of profitability and the store's bottom line gains and losses.
- Encourage a unique and personalized shopping experience for customers and clients by providing fitting room follow-up, add-on selling and creating client books.
- Motivate and rally associates to increase sales and profitability.
- Review and report on store's ADS, AUR and UPT.
- Acquire merchandise that reflects our brand and speaks to the unique audience of the store.
- Conduct research to ensure pricing is consistent with modern market prices and fair to both the consignor and customer.
- Be abreast of all current trends and what your customer's wants are.
- Assist clients with their accounts and specific account inquiries.
- Resolve consignor problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions.
- Oversee all administrative duties including meeting deadlines and submitting necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Monitor and control store expenses, revenue and all other accounting duties.
- Maintain visual standards of the store in terms of cleanliness, merchandising, signage and store layout.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and shrink programs.
- Manage marketing programs including events, promotions and social media outlets.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel store employees. Schedule, organize and direct assignments.
- Encourage store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans.
- Effectively manage employee turnover. Provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of retail management experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively teach/develop others to next level.
- Good merchandising skills and a flair for conceiving and implementing creative merchandising themes.
- Strong operations experience in receiving, merchandise and inventory as well as front-end management and office management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to provide outstanding level of customer service.
- An upbeat demeanor, with a sales-oriented personality.
- Stability in employment history
- Good communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- High energy level
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.