ADEAM is looking for design and sales interns to begin immediately. The duration of the internship is flexible, but a three-month minimum is preferred. The internships are unpaid, but all work-related transportation will be provided.
Candidates (students or recent graduates) must work a minimum of 2 full days a week. Preferably candidates have studied or majored in a fashion related field and possess knowledge of the fashion industry in New York. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and be familiar with Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to work independently and well under pressure.
Interns will help in all aspects of creating a collection from design to sales to production and PR. Responsibilities can be tailored to an intern’s specific strengths and interests. Interns will help:
- Assist ADEAM designers and design assistants in all daily tasks
- Maintain style boards and sketch books.
- Assist ADEAM sales director and showroom manager
- Organize design samples and fabric swatches
- Coordinate samples, sample trafficking (Fashion GPS)
- Maintain season line sheets and buyer packets
- Manage fabric and trim inventory
- Assist with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr)
- Research marketing strategies and initiatives
- Maintain design studio and showroom
To learn more about ADEAM, please vist www.adeamonline.com.
Design/Production Interns – Please send resumes and cover letters to Ahna Hughes at Ahughes@adeamonline.com.