Started in 2008, ALTUZARRA is a luxury women’s ready-to-wear brand, whose founder and designer won the 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fund, Swarovski Womenswear Designer Award, the 2013 Woolmark USA competition and the 2014 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award. We are seeking wholesale interns and marketing and communications interns in the coming months. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with a small, dynamic and very dedicated team of environment in the lead-up to, and after, the Fall/Winter 2015 show during New York Fashion Week.
POSITION: DESIGN INTERN [UNPAID]
Altuzarra offers college students an opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic and dedicated team. Our credit-based internships are designed to attract outstanding talent and provide hands on exposure to our Design Department.
Responsibilities: Maintaining and organizing the design area. Preparing the design room to be used for presentations. Developing libraries of information. Assisting in the product design and development process. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, material sourcing, model dressing, Photoshop placements, illustrator technical packages and hand sketching.
Job Qualifications: Students currently enrolled in a full-time university design program or related discipline and are able to work for school credit will be eligible for this internship.
Qualified candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Strong sense of the Altuzarra aesthetic.
• Excellent portfolio; demonstration of original and creative work.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
Length of Position: 3 Months
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with header Design Intern Application, cover letter and resume.
POSITION: WHOLESALE INTERN [UNPAID]
• Assist with Pre-Fall 2015 market preparation and execution
• Update linesheets and showroom forms, organize/merchandise showroom, greet buyers and style models
• Create styling guides and compile weekly sales data
• Assist with seasonal sales clinics at regional stores
• Daily office tasks
• Must qualify for school credit
• Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
• Previous wholesale/showroom experience recommended but not required
• Ability to retain information and complete tasks the first time it is assigned
• Must be able to intern 3-5 weekdays
Please email email@example.com with header Wholesale Intern Application, cover letter and resume.
POSITION: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN [UNPAID]
• Assist in coordinating sample trafficking
• Assist in showroom organization
• Assist in inventory tracking
• Improve and maintain the website
• Assist in coordinating events, including Spring Summer 2015 Runway
• Undertake marketing research on competition
• Gather data for current and upcoming social media platforms
• Occasionally pick up or drop off Altuzarra garments to press, stylist or other counter-parties in NYC.
• Currently pursuing degree in Marketing/Communications in Fashion or Design and seeking a for-credit internship
• Able to commit at least 3 days/week for 3 consecutive months.
• High level of professionalism
• Attention to detail, and accurate
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Well organized and systematic
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge in current/upcoming social medial platforms and researching online
• Knowledge in website/UX Design is a plus
• Previous similar experience is a plus
*Please note this internship is for credit only and is unpaid.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with header Fall Marketing and Communications Intern Application, cover letter and resume.