Bond No.9, New York’s first ever luxury fragrance company dedicated to paying homage to the life, style and history of New York City is seeking an experienced PR Director to join their team.
General Summary: This position oversees day to day operations of the PR and Corporate Communications function at Bond No.9. It also functions as key liaison for the external professional/media world. This position plays a key role in developing and maintaining the company’s relationships with external parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• A key liaison with marketing and sales to ensure launches are communicated.
• Oversees day to day Pitches to editors – maintains ongoing contact with the main beauty editors and associates at the major magazines pitches the editor’s story ideas and works with them on ongoing stories and regular columns.
• Directs efforts of PR Associate and provide mentorship and strong positive leadership.
• Oversees and writes all PR materials
• Directs pitch calendar of monthly stories: ensures that pitches and mailings go out on time.
• Develops outreach strategy for television press, including media training and developing spokespeople.
• Budget Responsibility: develops budgets for all relevant projects working with CEO and President
• Works with CEO and President to develop strategy and execution of professional industry outreach
• Some travel required (approximately 2x/yr).
• 10+ years experience in fashion/beauty industries, with emphasis on fragrance and skincare categories
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Ability to work well with other departments within the company, dealing with many types of personalities
• Working knowledge of major fashion publications, both mainstream and avante garde, as well as local and regional luxury publications
• Sense of style and personal presentation
For immediate consideration, please fax a handwritten cover letter and resume to HR MANAGER at 212.677.5289 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.