The General Manger will lead the store team in delivering extraordinary merchandise presentation, inventory assortment and customer service to provide guests with the ultimate Dylan’s Candy Bar experience.
Renowned for merging the worlds of art, fashion and pop culture with candy, Dylan’s Candy Bar is the largest, state-of-the-art sweets emporium. Dylan’s Candy Bar is not your average “candy store” as it’s home to over 7,500 candies from around the world, making it the most popular destination for the ultimate sugar rush experience. Giant Pop Art installations of oversized candy adorn the store and transport visitors to a modern day Candy Land, awakening the creative spirit and inner child in everyone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Create and implement annual operating budgets, monitor results and institute strategies to maximize sales and achieve profit objectives
• Work with respective teams to develop goals and performance plans that will support the financial objectives of the store and individual levels of accountability
• Provide leadership, training and development to the store team
• Develop clearly defined evaluation methods and motivational opportunities for the store team members
• Inspire and motivate team members and at the same time develop individual accountability at every level of the store organization
• Provide clear articulate communication to all staff with regard to standards, operational functions and expectations for performance
• Develop, implement and monitor operating policies, procedures and standards to ensure that the store is operating efficiently and consistently in accordance with “best practice” and guidelines with respect to customer experience, sales, store appearance, merchandise presentation, staffing, inventory management and financial control
• Constantly incorporate new strategies that will improve and/or enhance the customer experience
• Ensure prompt, courteous and effective resolution of all customer service concerns or requests.
• Adherence to and compliance with all state and federal laws and company policies
• Work closely with corporate marketing and public relations team to translate and implement nationwide initiatives at the local level
• Provide leadership and support in the development and exaction of local community activities that contribute to and involve Dylan’s Candy Bar in the fabric of the local market for which the company now serves
• Participate and contribute as a member of Dylan’s Candy Bar senior management store team, strategically thinking of ideas that will enhance customer experience, improve efficiencies, and evolve the culture of the store operations team to be a truly customer-centric environment
• Effective partnership with Human Resources to achieve business results
• Must be knowledgeable of federal, state and local labor laws
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Accomplished retail operating professional with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in a “best in class” growth oriented specialty retail environment
• Depth of store management experience in a highly customer-centric environment, where the focus is first and foremost on the guest
• Awareness of and respect for the privacy of VIP’s that infiltrate this high profile market
• Demonstrated track record of success leading store teams and meeting the financial objectives of the business while enhancing the guest experience
• Experience overseeing sales, margin, inventory management and bottom line profile for a high quality and high quantity transactional oriented retail business
• Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills at and across all levels
• Can do attitude with ability to work with a small team of professionals in an environment that fosters creativity and high levels of communication
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment working with a small sales team.
• Ability to work with even doses of passion and analytical focus
• Commercially astute with a sound grasp of the financials of the business
• Ability to attract and develop the highest caliber of people for the store team
• Appreciation of Dylan’s Candy Bar unique culture, entrepreneurial attitude, heritage and passion for its products
Please send resumé and salary requirements to: ChicagoGM2014@gmail.com