KCD IS THE LEADING FASHION PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PRODUCTION AGENCY WORLDWIDE. WITH INTERNATIONAL OFFICES IN NEW YORK, LONDON AND PARIS, THE AGENCY HAS SET STANDARDS FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS WITH ITS HIGHLY STRATEGIC AND CREATIVE PROGRAMS AND ONGOING PROJECTS FOR ESTABLISHED AND NEW BRANDS.
FASHION KNOWLEDGE AND CREDIBILITY, INNOVATIVE AND UNIQUE THINKING, THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF EXECUTION, APPROPRIATENESS AND NEWNESS -- THESE PRINCIPLES PROPEL THE AGENCY AND ITS CLIENTS FORWARD TOGETHER IN FASHION.
JOB DESCRIPTION -The Role
A Publicist acts as an integral ambassador to both KCD and its clients and works to bring a professional, motivated and diversified skills set to compliment the department and agency. They have the desire and ability to work to instill trust in clients and have strong relationships with a wide range of fashion, lifestyle and digital media persons. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the capability to prioritize and manage multiple projects will contribute to their overall Agency success. They will have the appropriate style and taste to serve as an exceptional brand ambassador for both KCD and its clients.
General Responsibilities – Publicist:
- Provide support to Senior Publicist and Agency Management with necessary skills for both day to day and strategic long term responsibilities
- Ability to understand KCD and client’s relevance in industry related matters and servicing a variety of fashion brands from emerging designers to industry leaders
- Act as an Agency liaison to maintain and champion relationships with stylists, editors and industry leaders
- Work collaboratively with senior management to gain understanding of the clients image, ideals and goals in order to meet the needs of the client
- Provide a consistent, professional client experience/ manage expectations throughout relationship and provide consistent and timely communication
- Establish new relationships with stylists, editors and media contacts
- Work collaboratively with supervisors to develop and execute feature stories, product placement, editorial reporting and analysis
- Develop and maintain press books for clients
- Manage stylist and editor appointments for collection pulls
- Manage celebrity/VIP dressing and placements
- Manage sample trafficking for designer collections
- Manage press coverage and media relations for designer collections
- Manage front of house services for international fashion shows
- Innovative thinker. Continual research and updating on current and relevant areas of women’s lifestyle/general interest, weekly and digital media
- Cultivate relationships with Fashion and media industry persons to help grow KCD Global
- Manage and lead interns who assist with sample trafficking
- A MINIMUM of 2-3 years experience working either in house or with an Agency in a Public Relations capacity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligent – this role requires managing many different areas for several clients simultaneously, does not get stressed under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fashion industry, designers and emerging style
- Combination of creative and strategic thinking, ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side
- A degree in journalism, communications or English
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to work in team environment and actively engage both colleagues and clients in open communication
- Desire to learn and further develop appreciation for the Fashion industry
To apply, please send your resume to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.