Bird is seeking a part-time buying office intern for our corporate offices in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The buying office intern will perform administrative tasks and directly support the assistant buyer and merchandise manager.
Office duties include: writing purchase orders in Microsoft Excel, entering purchase orders into inventory using retail software, order confirmations, labeling, filing, sorting and opening mail. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have previous administrative fashion experience, be able to gracefully manage swift and accurate data entry, and be extremely organized and efficient with outstanding attention to detail.
Other requirements include:
* Fluent understanding of fashion terminology
* Familiarity with and appreciation for Bird's brand matrix
* Working knowledge of retail math and retail operations preferred
* Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
* Flexibility, ability to multitask, professional office demeanor, and excellent communications skills
Bird prides itself on a staff of intelligent, discerning individuals with a passion for customer service and global fashion. Even if only working a few days a week, our interns and part-time associates are a key part of carrying out our mission and representing the Bird brand. Pay will be commensurate with experience and ability.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.