4.collective is a new contemporary dress line that helps women make an easy and stylish transition from day to evening. Designed by a team of four women, who in a break from industry tradition have chosen to remain anonymous, the line speaks for itself; pioneering a truly sophisticated yet edgy approach to outfitting the on-the-go woman. Femininity, versatility, and modernism are at the heart of every piece so that women can be stylishly differentiated at the office and sleekly beautiful out on the town.
We are seeking a young professionally-minded individual to intern at least 2/3 days a week minimum (9:30am-6). The internship would include, but is not limited to:
· Assembling linesheet packets and lookbooks for prospective accounts
· Maintain showroom and sample closet
· Tracking samples in/out of showroom for department store shoots and editorial requests
· Assists sales executives/assistants in the preparation for customer meetings as well as assist during appointments
· Assist in model castings
· Visit department stores to merchandise and re-stock floor
· Perform general support duties including faxing, photocopying, organizing materials (binders, file folders, filing, etc.), maintaining client and job files
· Personable and enthusiastic with strong communications skills (verbal and written)
· Highly motivated, self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
· Organized with a strong attention to detail
· Reliable, efficient, and hard working
· Proficient with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
The ideal candidate would have an understanding of the contemporary fashion industry, and be interested in gaining knowledge of the wholesale business (department and specialty stores). Candidates should have the flexibility to work a few weekend days during markets (all TBD: dates will be relayed at time of internship). This would be a great opportunity to get an idea of all facets of the fashion industry, not limited to: wholesale, PR, sales, marketing, and merchandising.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.