Founded in 1984, Free People is a boutique women’s fashion label that operates ecommerce, retail, and wholesale businesses. Free People is the fastest growing URBN brand and has a vibrant ecommerce platform including web, mobile and a newly released iPhone app. Free People is frequently recognized as an industry leader from a technical, creative and innovative perspective. Free People’s retail business includes over 80 boutique stores and its Wholesale business includes over 1,400 specialty boutiques and department stores across the globe. Free People is an inspiring shopping experience for the stylish, confident, and curious young woman who appreciates our distinctive assortment of apparel and accessories.
Free People is looking to hire an Engagement Marketing Manager to play an integral role in the management of our unique engagement program, FP Me. The Engagement Manager will be responsible for managing the new web, retail and app features for the program. The position will also drive innovative marketing campaigns to support the initiatives resulting in the achievement of business objectives. The position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager, within the Free People Marketing organization.
The role requires a creative, enthusiastic, and driven leader to quickly learn the underlying mechanics of our program, website/mobile site/apps, and then to nurture and grow the program, platform and team.
The individual must exhibit excellent analytical skills, and flawless attention to detail across analytical, product management, and loyalty marketing. The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen, great creative instincts, strong marketing fundamentals and experience managing a retail loyalty program and team.
• Define business goals and establish the three year plan for the FP Me program, building from existing goals, marketing campaigns and platform features
• Partner with the Creative, Ecommerce, and IT teams to build the Phase 2 vision
• Work within the existing program to reach business goals including customer acquisition and customer retention
• Partner with Store Operations and teams to ensure the features of the program for both store and customer are being maximized
• Partner with E-Commerce Team on defining feature prioritization, development, and execute testing and marketing during all roll out phases
• Partner with Marketing and Merchandising teams to maximize messaging of the program across marketing channels, including retail stores, and web/app, social, etc.
• Partner with the analytics team to identify customer insights, create and execute surveys, and manage direct communication with customers.
• Partner with the FP Me Product manager, to evaluate product feature usage and draft product requirements with business cases that increase engagement, sales, and other KPIs.
• Partner with IT teams to build and launch new features.
• Assist in the development and management of the department budget
• Maintain exemplary knowledge of the target customer, retail, marketing, and loyalty trends
• Develop and manage a network of vendor/partner relationships that will support the engagement program
• Manage Events Specialist & Engagement Coordinator to create valuable events, rewards and communication with the customer
• Manage gaming/challenges with a 3rd party vendor to increase customer and store engagement with the program
• Customer focused, with a strong appreciation of the Free People customer and a desire to create and enhance the experience across digital and retail channels
• Strong marketing background, including working experience with a wide range of B2C marketing channels including email & direct mail, social media, catalog, and mobile
• Exceptional understanding of retail loyalty marketing, including familiarity with “Game Based” loyalty platforms to support loyalty marketing programs
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in B2C marketing, product management, ecommerce or analytics for specialty retailer
• A minimum of 3 years of management experience, specifically, managing and directing the work efforts of 3 or more individual contributors
• Outstanding communicator and people person, with the ability to host events with our Free People customer
• Familiarity with the role of Product Management for ecommerce platforms, preferably retail websites, loyalty/engagement features
• Familiarity with software development lifecycle including planning, project management, requirements, development, testing, deployment and operations
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, comfortable working with various skill and seniority levels across the company
• Strong interest in women’s specialty retail
• Collaborative mentality…excited to work with a team to make fun memorable experiences happen
• 8 years’ experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
• College/University degree (BS) in Marketing, Digital Media, Business
Location: Philadelphia, PA