ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo launched in February 2012 as the perfect t-shirt line, and has since evolved into a full lifestyle collection of luxurious casualwear for men and women. Using the finest fabrics from natural modal, French terry and cashmere, the collection embodies the relaxed elegant lifestyle of designer Tony Melillo. The flattering, ultra-cool line launched exclusively with Barneys (all doors) in its first year and expands for Fall-Winter 2013 to over forty of the most exclusive specialty stores, including Kirna Zabete, Forty-Five Ten, Confederacy and Liberty London. ATM reflects its designers down to the last detail: Melillo’s initials, tattooed on his arm since his youth (and pre-ATM machine), are printed in the same arm of every tee. “It’s important to have those little extras that make it feel personal,” says Melillo. “I want people to see it as full brand through the labeling, the presentation and experience.” Manufactured in Peru, the line now features cashmere, wool, and French terry sweaters, sweatshirts and pants; dresses; as well as basic and novelty tees in signature ATM fabrications.
ATM Design Internship
ATM Design Internship gives students the opportunity to learn hands-on-training and experience in design, from concept to final product.
To be considered, please see our website and send us your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter detailing why you would be the best candidate to Trevor at Trevor@atmtees.com, with subject line Design Internship. We are looking for someone who is inspired and excited by our design aesthetic and philosophy and who is able to articulate this in writing.
ATM Internship Guidelines
- Internship is unpaid. Students must be able to receive academic credit for the duration of the internship. Please submit all completed paperwork from enrolled college/university with academic advisor’s full contact information, prior to starting your internship.
- Student must be able to make a minimum commitment of 2-3 full days per week during FALL/SPRING semesters.
Skills and Experience Requirement
- Student majoring in Fashion Design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with the ability to sketch
- Understanding and excitement about fashion and industry trends
- Strong Knowledge of Excel
- Shows initiative and has a positive attitude
- Previous internship experience preferred
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, day to day functions of the Design Team:
- Assist design team with concept and development for the season
- Organize and maintain seasonal fabric library and seasonal collection binders
- Assist with still life/lookbook photoshoots as needed
- Assist with ad hoc projects and run small errands as required.
- Some general assisting with ATM showroom
To apply, please send your resume to Trevor at Trevor@atmtees.com, with subject line Design Internship.