Position: Marketing Intern
Start Date: January 2015
Location: New York City
Billy Reid Inc. is a leading American luxury brand known for chic, classic and decidedly modern designs. Founded in 2004, Billy Reid offers a broad range of men’s and women’s apparel and accessories with a deep appreciation for heritage and respect for craftsmanship. Billy Reid Inc. is continually seeking motivated, talented, and dedicated individuals to fill key roles within its rapidly growing operations.
We are currently searching for an intern to assist Billy Reid’s New York City-based marketing team starting in January. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, experience working with social media (bonus points for being highly engaged in your personal channels), and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Billy Reid brand and a familiarity with its media assets, including our social media channels and blog, the Journal. Prior internship experience at a fashion brand or publication is preferred but not necessary.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to expand his or her knowledge of how a successful fashion brand works within the realm of marketing. The role will entail supporting our three-person team in various integral ways, far beyond just picking up coffee or running to Staples, though you’ll do some of that, too. The candidate we hire will take part in the planning, preparation and execution of our New York Fashion Week runway show, and will have the chance to work directly with members of our design, production, PR, wholesale and store teams (we have eleven shops in the US, with two of them in NYC), not to mention our namesake designer. Candidates with writing and editing experience will have the opportunity to write or conduct interviews for the Journal.
The length of the internship is up for discussion, though we’d appreciate at least a five-month, January to May job commitment (we tend to hire our interns, so this is rarely an issue). The person who gets the job will receive valuable experience to further develop their skills and expand their knowledge of the world of fashion marketing, while working alongside a team of passionate, dynamic individuals who love their jobs and have fun doing them.
• Serve as research assistant to marketing director, whom you will report to directly
• Assist social media manager with short- and long-term planning and daily execution of posts; work with the team to develop and execute social media strategies
• Assist art director in research and production duties related to photo shoots
• Assist Billy Reid team in the preparation and execution of our NYFW runway show in February
• Maintain an elevated level of cleanliness and order in our office
Required Skills & Attributes
• Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest know-how are required, but a more expansive knowledge base is preferred)
• Organized, well spoken and polite
• Solid work ethic and an eagerness to contribute to our team environment
• Sense of curiosity and a passion for new experiences
• Strong writing and editing skills
Time commitment is a minimum of 20 hours a week; exact schedule can be worked out with the marketing director. Please note that the internship is unpaid, but preapproved meals and travel will be covered. (You can also expect to get a few very nice Billy Reid samples to add to your wardrobe.)
To apply, please send a cover letter, a current resume and links to your social media channels or published writing samples to Libby Callaway at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Jan. 2, 2015