Eric Javits, a high-end hat and handbag designer, seeks motivated interns with previous internship experience to work with the public relations department for the upcoming Spring semester. The ideal candidate would be available 2-3 full days per week and must be eligible to receive college credit.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with resume to Katie@ericjavits.com
The Eric Javits public relations internship is designed to give students an insider’s view of an accessories designer’s in-house public relations department to prepare them for a position in fashion PR after graduation. Interns will be given a weekly Metro Card to cover commuting costs and will be eligible for school credit.
Student interns will gain experience in the following areas:
- Managing press samples: checking merchandise out for loans and back in upon return, tracking inventory
- Practicing established administrative procedures: labeling packages and inventory properly, organizing and managing inventory, managing invoices
- Interpreting editors’ shoot inspirations to pull appropriate styles to fulfill requests, researching themes and runway trends
- Caring for delicate one-of-a-kind accessories and systematically archiving past styles for future design reference and sample loans
- Managing custom one-of-a-kind styles created for celebrities, magazine shoots and special events
- Continuously updating company press kit to accurately represent the brand and to learn the strategic marketing decisions made for continuity of brand identity
- Maintaining an up-to-date archive of tear sheets of photo credits and other press mentions
- Managing social media for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram from the vantage point of a professional brand
- Researching new press-generating opportunities for the brand: stylists, magazines, events, etc
- Exercising and growing writing skills by creating press releases and pitch emails
- Preparing for trade shows and press days, including assisting with the visual merchandising of the booth space and showroom
- Assisting with e-commerce photo shoots: hosting model go-sees, managing samples, creating efficient shot order list and other on-set assistance.
- Assisting with basic Photoshop tasks such as editing images for posting on social media websites
- Updating press lists
- Other tasks as they come up…