A boutique international fashion design, ecommerce and apparel manufacturing company in NYC (Chelsea) is seeking a candidate experienced in Office Management and Bookkeeping. Overall, we are looking for an individual who can oversee and help to maintain an orderly work environment. Compensation will be $20 - $25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Skills: MS-Word, MS-Excel, RLM, or other ERP, General Ledger and strong writing, verbal and communication skills. Client, vendor and building management interaction.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Office management duties including receiving guests and clients, interactions with vendors and contractors, filing, ordering supplies and answering phones;
- Maintain control and communicate on-line Corporate Calendar, Schedule and coordinate meetings, Administrative support of staff;
- Human resources related activities, provide policies oversight (i.e. maintain employee information and time logs for patternmakers and staff, vacation schedules, sick days), Ensure timely posting of labor law signage;
- Be the point person for any office/building related matters and questions (i.e. communicate with Superintendent and Janitors), Oversee the cleaning crew;
- Key-holder (daily open and close the office), Receive and sort mail and manage shipping/courier activity (i.e. (FedEx, Messenger service)
- Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Petty Cash management and control, Accounts’ reconciliations and interface with CFO and CPA firm;
- Input invoices, payables and receivables activity into General Ledger system, Run monthly General Ledger P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports, Support audit reviews as needed;
- Payroll, payroll-related taxes interface with ADP for payroll related matters and filings;
- Invoicing retail and ecommerce clients, Assist with drafting purchase orders and coding of invoices;
- Maintain and control finance records and files of the company under the direction of CFO;
- Assist the CEO and senior management with needs related to company and business matters (i.e. creating travel itineraries for company travel);
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task.
This position will go to an individual who is hands-on with strong communication and interpersonal skills and 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience. This position description is not intended to be all inclusive and actual activities may vary based on need and changes in the business.
If you believe yourself to be qualified and would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume in a word document to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.