Hellooo, holidays. Some people say Thanksgiving is their favorite holiday because there are no gifts involved, but I really do love giving things my friends and family are eyeing but haven't bought for themselves, or something new they don't yet know they'll love. (Admittedly, I like being on the other end of that experience, too!)
In that spirit, here are the things I've been eyeing but haven't bought for myself, from the practical (parka, sweater, book) to the absolutely unnecessary (everything else):
1. J.Crew tall long belted down puffer in navy, $298, available at J.Crew.
I already own this coat in burgundy, and it did an excellent job of insulating me against last winter's freezing temps. Shamelessly, I now want one on navy. Because basically my whole closet is blue and I love a good #monochrome look.
2. "How Luxury Lost Its Luster," $12.67, available at Amazon.
I'm not sure which I'm more embarrassed I haven't read yet: This or "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. Both are going on the New Year's Resolutions list for 2015.
3. Terre d'Hermes, $124, available at Sephora.
I've been stealing my boyfriend's bottle all year. It's probably time I got my own.
4. Whistles faux fur scarf in lilac, $125, available at Whistles.
You know what looks good with navy? Lilac. Double points for satisfying my faux fur obsession.
6. Coach urban hiker boots, $395, available at Coach.
I never wanted snow boots until I saw these.
7. Madewell cityblock turtleneck sweater, $128, available at Madewell.
Madewell is one of the few places I'll buy non-cashmere sweaters -- everything I've bought there is warm, soft and a good value for the price point. I like the relaxed funnel neck and cable-stitch detailing on this cream-colored one.
8. J.Crew "Dulci" scalloped suede kitten heels in black, $228, available at J.Crew.
Pretty, polished AND comfortable. Pretty much everything you could want in a heel.