M. Martin is looking for bright, enthusiastic design intern to assist part time. Candidates will receive guidance to further develop their design and business operations skills and knowledge while working alongside a team of passionate and dynamic individuals.
The internship will be a great opportunity for anyone looking to expand his or her knowledge of how a fashion label operates. As we are a small team, you will experience responsibilities from a wide breadth of design areas. We are searching for someone who is self-motivated, able to multi-task, efficient, and organized!
- Must be proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; and Excel
- Design or clothing construction experience is a plus (Pattern making and sewing, etc)
- A positive and hard working attitude
- Minimum weekly commitment of two days between the hours of 10:30am and 5:30pm
- Receiving and cataloging packages as needed
- Cataloging and organizing fabric swatches, trims, and important paper work
- Trend research
- Creative input to design team
- Communicating with factories and vendors in person and via email.
- Assistance in working on tech packs and spec sheets
- Running errands in the Garment District
- Logging data and helping to keep electronic records organized and up to date in our server
- Organizing and assembling design boards for design presentations, etc.
- This is a non-paid internship
- Travel via metro will be reimbursed
- A daily meal allowance of $15 is provided
- Discount and allowance on company product is available
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please also have selections from your portfolio ready upon request.