Highly regarded emerging fashion brand seeks full-time Assistant to assist in all aspects of Product Development, Design, and Production.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
• Assisting in research, sourcing, and development of seasonal inspiration, materials, and garments
• Manage organization, archiving, and inventorying, and updating of Design/Development assets/materials
• Carry out development of all materials (fabric, trim, embellishment): Ownership of ordering, overseeing vendor correspondence, tracking, and timely delivery
• Create and maintain technical sketches for Development
• Assist in cut tickets/tech packs; update and pass to Production at time of line pass-off
• Spec sample garments
• Liase with factories regarding sample progress, material receipt, fit comments, etc.
• Quality control of all merchandise
• Track expenditures and assist in monitoring of Development budget
• Assist other departments as necessary (Production, Marketing, etc)
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
• Bachelor's degree from a United States Apparel Design program
• 1-2 years experience in Design/Tech Design/Product Development with Better Contemporary or Designer level brand preferred
• Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
• Understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
• Extremely organized, and self-motivated individual with ability to multi-task
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent growth potential. The position is full-time and will include benefits. To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.