I'm not really asking for anything besides cash this Christmas, because I just bought myself a desperately needed new laptop — merry early Christmas to me! Still, it's not like I haven't been eyeing a few things, so let's just call this an imaginary wishlist, should Harry Styles be in the gifting mood or something.
1. Shrimps Dulcie faux fur coat, $995, available at Net-a-Porter. Like everyone else, I have fallen pretty hard for Shrimps's gorgeous faux fur coats, and I desperately need to up my coat game.
2. Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel, $35.83, available at Amazon. I'm really into collecting coffee table books in the hopes that I might one day have enough room to actually artfully display them. For now, they are (shamefully) propping up my television. Dang millenials!
3. Dr. Martins Alix boots, $140, available at Zappos. Ever since this W supermodel editorial, I've been on the hunt for the perfect mid-shaft black boot — and through all that hunting, frankly, I think Docs are the only way to go. I don't think I'm badass enough for the classic pair, but this slimmer-cut, side-zippered option just might work.
4. The Transport Weekender, $298, available at Madewell. I've been doing a lot of weekend travel lately, and the bag I'm using just isn't cutting it. As an adult, I figure I should have a grown-up looking weekend bag, and this leather one from Madewell is simple and perfect. (And let's just say I wouldn't be upset if it was embossed in gold foil with my initials, either.)
5. Meredith Kahn "Five Roses" necklace, $1,315, available at Love Adorned. The only jewelry I wear with any kind of regularity is that which has been gifted to me; I usually can't be bothered to change out pieces every day and I like having things that are meaningful. I've spent years looking for the right rose gold delicate necklace appropriate for every day, and Love Adorned is great at finding unique jewelers.
6. Diptyque 'Feu de Bois' candle, $60, available at Barneys New York. It's simple really: I love candles and how they make my room smell amazing, but I hate spending my money on them — especially splurgy ones like Diptyque.