This was a big week for Alessandro Michele, the accessories designer at Gucci who stepped out of the background to become creative director of the house on Wednesday. He also became an inadvertent style icon for the chilly winter months, after pretty much every outlet on the Internet ran the same photo of him taking his bow at Gucci's menswear show in a creamy fisherman sweater.
First of all, this was a great way for Michele to introduce himself to/haunt the dreams of the fashion community at large. Even better, the look is extremely achievable, because it's basically what I look like when answering the door for the Seamless guy after seven hours of watching Netflix, just with pants. Literally: all that was keeping you from dressing like the creative director of a major brand was pants. Talk about keeping you up at night.
Here are some products to get you started if you, like me, want to look just like Alessandro this winter.
1. J.Crew cotton cable sweater, $98, available at J.Crew.
2. Mougin & Piquard watch, $625, available at J.Crew.
3. Gabriela Artigas ring, $374, available at Shopbop.
4. MM6 Maison Martin Margiela leather ankle boots, $254, available at The Outnet.
5. Current/Elliot Slouchy Carrot Boyfriend Jeans, $228 (from $380), available at MyTheresa.
6. Campbell Knuckle Floating Ring, $115, available at Shopbop.
7. Bumble & Bumble Texture Hair (Un)dressing Creme, $30, available at Sephora.