Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Founder
Beth Macri Designs LLC (BMD) is an up and coming jewelry company founded in 2012 in NYC. BMD blends technologies developed for architecture with traditional jewelry methods to make edgy, interesting, and beautiful jewelry. Our first collection, the Hidden Message Necklace has been a success and we are looking to make our first full time hire to build the brand while launching new designs in the near future.
The operations coordinator is in charge of organizing the company and running all aspects of the day-to-day business. Working closely with the designer/founder, the operations coordinator will be involved with operations, production, sales, marketing, accounting, e-commerce and customer service. It is your responsibility to assure that all of these areas work smoothly by spotting conflicts and issues early on and working with the necessary parties to resolve them. You will have extensive contact with the co-founders, interns, jewelry production companies/manufacturers, individual customers and wholesalers.
Candidate must be detail oriented, creative and independent and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to work in a small studio. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, self-starter looking for to get fully immersed in the jewelry industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and track purchase orders through all steps of the manufacturing process
- Handle all quality control issues with production companies/manufacturers when issues arise
- Inventory management
Order Fulfillment + Customer Service
- Entering orders
- Assembling, Packing, shipping, tracking
- Handle incoming inquiries / emails
- Process any CS issues/replacements
Oversee Wholesale Accounts
- Liaise with showrooms, retailers, etc
- Manage custom order process
- Invoicing + Payments
- Assist founder with scheduling, phone calls, travel, errands, etc
- Order / manage general office needs such as supplies
- Prepare presentations / collateral
- Light bookkeeping (based on experience)
- Social Media support (based on experience)
- Manage and assist in hiring interns
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salaried position. Pay DOE.