BLK DNM is currently seeking a dedicated and driven design intern to work with the design team to assist in all areas of the design process.
• Assist in all aspects of seasonal research for collection.
• Organize & maintain fabric & collection archive.
• Assist with color card & lab dips.
• Create initial sketches & construction pages.
• Manage general filing for design department.
• Hard-working & detail orientated.
• Great communication & time management skills.
• Knowledge of the fashion industry.
• Excellent hand & technical drawing ability.
• Previous fashion industry experience required.
• Good understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop & Microsoft Excel.
• Basic knowledge of pattern cutting & garment construction is a plus.
• Available to begin immediately; work 2-4 days a week for a 3 month period.
• Must live in NYC.
Please send resume, examples of work/portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include start date and availability.
BLK DNM is a downtown New York based creative project of Johan Lindeberg launched in February 2011. The BLK DNM flagship store is located at 237 Lafayette Street, NYC. The international brand focuses on leather jackets, denim and tailoring and is sold at top retailers worldwide.
BLK DNM operates retail stores in both NYC & Stockholm, as well as a US e-Commerce site.
Johan was a creative force at Diesel during the early 1990s. He founded J. Lindeberg in 1996 and acted as Creative Director until 2007. Prior to launching BLK DNM he supported Justin Timberlake on the development of William Rast.