In working with the VP of sales and merchandising as well as the account executive for the Elizabeth and James handbag division, our interns gain valuable understanding of the wholesale aspect of the business. Our intern is considered a valuable member of our handbag sales team where he/she will also have the opportunity to work closely with production, marketing and PR, as well as outstanding retailers currently carrying Elizabeth and James handbags.
This is a great opportunity for an outgoing, proactive, and dedicated student to gain working experience in a corporate fashion environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to our sales and merchandising team, including market appointments, selling updates, store visits and presentations
- Organize and maintain the showroom for all meetings
- Help organize samples, and photograph the upcoming collections to create line sheets
- Update weekly selling reports
- Work in JOOR to enter sales orders and research prospect accounts
- Prep for trips to LA, Paris, etc.
- Must be hardworking, detail-oriented, reliable, and organized
- Previous retail/ sales experience is ideal but not required
- Competent in Microsoft Office, photoshop experience also ideal
- Must live in NYC area
- Must be able to receive school credit, and work a minimum of 2 days a week, ideally 5
To apply, please send your resume to Rachel.Thomas@elizabethandjames.us.