Fashion GPS is the fashion industry’s leading web-based solution for efficient sample inventory tracking, contact and event management. Built as a 360° solution to the PR workflow, Fashion GPS’ core software is quickly becoming the industry standard with global clients including PR powerhouses Karla Otto, KCD Worldwide, Bismarck Phillips and brands such as Alexander Wang, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Topshop, Chanel and Derek Lam.
Fashion GPS is looking for a selective group of dynamic Fashion Week interns. From February 12th to 17th, our committed group of interns will gain hands-on experience providing client support and observe the modern fashion PR process in practice. Once training is fulfilled, interns will come on-site to Lincoln Center and meet with our clients (IMG, KCD PR, Derek Lam, Bismarck Phillips, etc.) and work tête-à-tête with our team and various PR Teams.
• Assist FGPS at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in February
• Learn Fashion GPS directly from the source and acquire an in-demand skill for your future in Fashion PR (Certificate of Proficiency awarded upon completion)
• Gain hands-on experience providing client support and observe the modern fashion PR process in practice
• Work closely with top New York & international PR teams and Fashion GPS sales and support team to learn the ins-and-outs of the industry
• Participate in marketing, social media and product research projects
All internship applicants must be available to start ASAP/before Fashion week and commit until at least the last day. Interns should be well versed in fashion PR, tech savvy, have a general knowledge of major fashion industry players, be highly organized, dependable, and have an interest in digital media. Additionally, candidates must be willing to work independently and as part of a team in a time-sensitive environment. Attention to detail, follow-through and accuracy are essential at all times.
Additional requirements include:
• Available 2-3 full days a week
• Available to attend Fashion GPS orientation one day before start of internship
• Background in Fashion, Marketing, Communications, Design or Business
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org