“Hortensia” is a high-end knitwear & accessories line hand-knitted in Peru. We are seeking for interns with an eye for design and strong interest in fashion to help us during the Winter 2015 sales season and Fashion Week. This position can grow to a full-time paid position for the right candidate. Must be in the NYC area.
Internships will be extremely hands-on. Interns will gain exposure to all facets of the fashion industry, from merchandising to data management, and have the unique opportunity to work directly alongside the executive team.
Qualified applicants should be highly motivated, self-starter, multi-tasking and detail-oriented with a strong interest in the business aspects of fashion. Candidates must also have proficient computer skills, attention to detail, follow-through and accuracy are essential at all times. Should be able to work 3 days or 9 hours a week minimum.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and illustrator a plus.
- Photography experience with DSLR camera also plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist showroom executives in sales appointments
- Participating in events such as Coterie and D&A
- Assist in market research, make sales calls and send out sales emails
- Merchandising showroom daily.
- Facilitate & track sample send outs/returns
- Oversee product inventory and showroom maintenance
- Social Media support (based on experience)
- Model for showroom appointments if appropriate.
To apply, please send resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.