Hiring is the most important thing we do. Each associate contributes greatly to the success of this growing, privately held company founded by Paul Morelli in 1981.
At Paul Morelli, you'll find a dynamic, highly passionate team working in an entrepreneurial atmosphere. We are results oriented and work together to meet our objectives. We seek to delight our customers by producing some of the finest jewelry in the world. To achieve this we strive for best practices and utilize top of the line processes to develop and deliver superior products and customer service.
You have the opportunity to join one of the finest jewelry companies in the world. As such, you will have the unique opportunity to play an important role in the product design efforts for Paul Morelli. This will involve assisting Paul himself and the product development team in designing, developing, and executing production of our products in our Philadelphia, PA location.
The model maker we seek not only has independent creative capabilities, but also the ability to implement Paul Morelli's vision. We believe the ideal candidate is looking for a career opportunity in which he/she contributes his/her skills to the efforts of like-minded and passionate team members to make our lines even more special.
1. Working with a team to redefine sketches, concepts, materials used, hardware, and color palettes.
2. Ability to coordinate with the manufacturing team to ensure the process of the jewelry production is moving forward and meeting deadlines.
3. Staying on task ensuring deadlines are met, as well as ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
4. Participate in regular design review meetings with cross-functional team members.
5. Understanding the brand and brand position of Paul Morelli.
6. Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate
7. Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
-Required Skills & Experience-
The successful candidate will have:
• Jewelry model making/design experience
• Adept drawing skills for not only technical drawing but freeform drawings as well.
• An acute eye for detail and discerning ability to differentiate the visual representation of the designs.
• A passion for achieving best-in-class results and producing the finest jewelry in the world.
• Understanding the process of a design from the concept through to the final product.
• Expert level knowledge of different materials.
• A strong knowledge of Rhino, Magics, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to work in a rapidly evolving organization
• Ability to collect and analyze data, identify opportunities and make recommendations
• Professional demeanor and proactive approach
• Flexibility to adjust quickly to changes and deliver on tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
• Possess strong interpersonal, communication, strategic, tactical, and analytical skills.
• Ability to roll-up the sleeves in a hands-on manner.
• A.S. / B.S. Degree in Jewelry Design, Industrial Design, Fine Art or Related Degree a plus
The selected individual will work out of our Philadelphia, PA based studio. Interested parties please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Paul Morelli is an equal opportunity employer. This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the on-going needs of our growing company.
• Principals only. Recruiters, please do contact us with unsolicited services or offers
STUDIO 1118 WALNUT STREET, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107
MON - FRI 10-5, SAT BY APPT ONLY 215.922.7392
BOUTIQUE 895 MADISON AVE. NEW YORK, NY 10021
MON - SAT 10-6, SUN 12-5 212.585.4200