Why Modist Inc?
There are a number of fashion tech companies (i.e. Netaporter, Moda Operandi, Farfetch, Wanelo) that have changed the way consumers shop and discover fashion products. We are reenergizing the retailing experience both online and offline by redefining the relationship between digital content and commerce.
Our team is made up of individuals who have experience as buyers, marketers, merchandisers, brand consultants and mobile designers/developers and who have worked with companies such as Jimmy Choo, Bergdorf Goodman, Harpers Bazaar, Style.com and DSquared2.
We are excited about retailing and branding and are looking to expand the team with more individuals who are passionate, motivated, creative and excited about fashion and technology. There is an opportunity to grow with this internship and to become a full-time employee with Modist working out of either London or New York City.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has knowledge and interest in women’s and men’s contemporary and luxury fashion
- Works independently, efficiently and in a self-directed environment
- Delivers high quality work on time
- Uses Adobe Photoshop, Dropbox, and Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understands a brand’s positioning within a specific target market
- Uses social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) and can identify interesting users
- Reads fashion magazines and blogs
- Available at least 3 days per week
- Owns their own laptop
Internship Profile and Opportunities:
Styling & Merchandising Internship:
- Take a fashion product (pair of shoes, necklace, blazer) and provide a comprehensive styling story around the product
- What was the inspiration behind the collection and piece?
- How can someone wear it?
- Who has worn it?
- Where has it been featured (magazines, films, red carpet)?
- Write an interesting description about the product
- Does the piece have any interesting history or place within society that you can communicate to your audience?
- Identifying and researching trends
There is a future opportunity for a more hands on social media position with responsibilities that include:
- Creating a brand identity on Instagram and Twitter
- Finding content to communicate this identity
- Writing copy to go with the images
- Updating social media platforms with new content
If you are interested, please send your CV to HR@modist.co.
Please note this is an unpaid internship. School credit is available.