SheKnows Media is a top women’s digital lifestyle media company. Its acquisition of BlogHer in October 2014 gives the company 75.3 million unduplicated unique visitors per month, which is more than the current number-one women’s lifestyle media brand (comScore, Multiplatform Lifestyles Rankings, September 2014). SheKnows Media also reaches more than 147.4 million social media fans and operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, StyleCaster.com, DailyMakeover.com, BeautyHigh.com and DrinksMixer.com.
We are currently seeking a Social Media Manager for StyleCaster.
Working under the SheKnows Media umbrella, the Social Media Manager will report to the StyleCaster team to oversee the social strategy for our editorial properties—StyleCaster, Beauty High, and Daily Makeover. Social is a key part of StyleCaster’s identity—both as a content leader and as a company—and the Social Media Manager will be responsible for crafting innovative new strategies and ideas around our existing community, as well as other social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in social media, and should have a strong knowledge of the style, beauty, and pop culture and women’s lifestyle space. This is a key, senior-level role on our editorial team, offering the opportunity to lead social media accounts that already have massive followings and brand recognition.
We are looking for a rock star, a self-starter and a smart strategist who fits with our dynamic culture and works well with our team (i.e. fun, energetic, and cheeky, while maintaining a sophisticated aesthetic).
- Work with Editor-in-Chief and site leadership to set and implement strategy for StyleCaster's various social profiles—from Twitter to Pinterest
- Collaborate with editors to optimize content for social—from topics to design
- Develop partnerships with key players in the social space—from power players on Pinterest to Instagram stars—that can be leveraged for editorial features as well as StyleCaster programming and events
- See around corners, identifying new platforms and groups StyleCaster should be engaged with
- Identify and engage with key influencers in target communities across multiple platforms
- Collect, analyze and report on social media and traffic data on a regular basis, using industry leading effectiveness and value metrics
- Identify new tools, practices, technology trends in the social media, content marketing, and digital marketing space
- Collaborate with Product and Technology teams to optimize on-site experiences for social
The Fine Print
- 5-7 years of experience in social media, as well as a successful track record of managing big social accounts across different platforms
- Experience with social media analytics, listening metrics, keyword tracking, and third-party reporting tools
- Working rolodex of both third-party and in-house social media partners, as well as top players and influencers in the digital lifestyle space
- Exceptional collaboration skills; adept at balancing department needs that are both creative and technical
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Adobe Social, Google Analytics and SEO keyword tools
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.