Founded in 1984, Free People is a women’s fashion label that operates wholesale, retail, and direct-to-consumer businesses. The retail and wholesale presence encompasses over 75 stores in the United States as well as three wholesale showrooms whose teams have cultivated relationships with over 1,400 specialty boutiques and department stores across the globe. In addition, we produce a direct-to-consumer catalog and website, providing an inspiring shopping experience for the carefree, confident, and curious young woman who appreciates our distinctive assortment of apparel and accessories.
- Free People: Buying Assistant
Reports to - Senior Buyer or Buyer
Responsible for assisting the buyer to create an exciting and timely product assortment for the retail and direct businesses that meet or exceed the sales volume and profit for the department.
- Supporting the daily operations within designated buying area and developing partnerships with the assistant or associate buyer on all necessary tasks
- Managing the flow of merchandise
- Rudimentary understanding of retail math
- Sharing and communicating thoughts/opinions to managers or business groups as a whole
- Entering, updating, managing, tracking, and organizing purchase orders to ensure timely delivery
- Ensuring accuracy in MTS
- Communicating late deliveries to the buying team
- Setting up new vendors and send them routing guides and pre-ticketing information
- Developing cross functional relationships with market and internal partners
- Prioritizing and reacting with a sense of urgency to the requests from both the merchant and cross functional teams
- Assisting the buying team to proof catalog copy
- Identifying photos on the web to be reshot to drive sales
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Detail oriented
- Creative thinker
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Retail experience preferred
- A Bachelors degree is expected.
Location : Philadelphia, PA
To apply, please click here.