Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Source kitchen and pantry products for ecommerce site.
- Identify emerging trends and develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats.
- Identify and recommend new products or business opportunities within this retail department.
- Collaborate with Food Editor and Creative Director on concepts and assortment.
- Creative thinking around exclusive products and collaborations.
- Report, analyze and publish weekly and ad hoc sales results.
- Maintain excellent vendor relationships, resolve issues and negotiate with vendors and agents on pricing, timing, quantities, terms, trading, exclusivity, etc.
- Completing POs during or after buy appointments.
- Summarize and communicate merchandising information to various departments: retail operations, editorial, etc.
- Source product information (facts, pricing, selling points) to enable Retail Operations team to create Product Description Pages, in time with upload schedule.
- Site Maintenance - ensuring our products are represented as well as possible on the site and that all information is accurate.
- Balance creative and analytic thinking.
- 2-4 years Buying/Merchandising experience.
- Tabletop & Kitchen experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast pace, often-changing environment required
Gwyneth started goop in the fall of 2008 to share all of life's positives. From creating a delicious recipe to finding a perfect dress for spring, Gwyneth began curating the best of lifestyle to help her readers save time, simplify and feel inspired. Determined to publish a genuine and resourceful issue each week, for many, goop has become their most trusted girlfriend on the web. Goop has since grown into an eminent lifestyle publication, dedicated to informing and positively inspiring its audience. Goop gives readers exclusive access to recipes, travel guides, fashion, wellness tips, cultural notes and more. Incorporating the knowledge of expert contributors and tastemakers, along with our own editorial eye and uncompromising style, issues are delivered straight to your inbox every Thursday. Additionally, the publication in its entirety can be found right here on the site at any time, making goop.com a wealth of knowledge and an indispensable resource for all who love to make, go, get, do, be and see.