Highly regarded emerging designer brand is looking to add a motivated, organized, full-time professional to manage in all aspects of technical design and production.
- Responsible for managing technical design, product development and production
- Creating and updating techpacks and flat sketches in Illustrator and Excel
- Calculating costs and yields for all styles
- Creating seasonal linesheets for sales
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Communicating with mills and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of fabrics and trims
- Help with sourcing new factories, mills and trim suppliers
- Creating and updating spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
- Quality control of all merchandise
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a United States apparel design program
- Technical design experience
- An understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- A minimum of 2 years technical design and/or experience with apparel production
- Both domestic and overseas production experience a big plus
- Contacts or the ability to source local and overseas apparel factories and suppliers a major plus
- Experience with costing
- Experience with quality control
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. The position is full-time and includes benefits.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line Technical Designer / Production Manager.