Designer Wendy Brandes is the 2012 winner of Fashion Group International's Rising Star Award for fine jewelry. Her 18K gold and platinum signature line -- inspired by the true stories of powerful women -- is known for its fierce designs, attention to detail and "covert luxury," including hidden gems and pieces that open up, twist into new shapes and even whistle.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter to learn multiple facets of running a small business in a close-knit setting.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or fashion-related field. An independent worker who is able to collaborate regularly with new leads. The position may change from day-to-day, so flexibility and ability to meet deadlines are a must.
Responsibilities may include:
- Weekly meetings to set goals.
- Regular outreach and maintained contact with press and buyers.
- Researching new leads for press, buyers, stylists.
- Prompt response and coordination of samples, linesheets, and image requests.
- Create content and manage social media (primarily Instagram and Facebook).
- Coordinate trunk shows and sales events.
- Write press releases for new items, pitches for media outlets, and newsletter.
- Run occasional production errands.
Skills: Ideal candidate has proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, and social media platforms.
Please send CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line PR and Marketing Coordinator.
This is a full-time position.