Other Criteria is a company founded by Damien Hirst that specializes in high-end publishing
of books, prints and editions by established and emerging artists.
ROLE: Assistant Manager of OC retail space (New York)
REPORTING TO: OC Management
KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Support Manager with running of retail operation in New York
• Sales - $100,000 monthly in private client sales
• Manage – Merchandising, installations, shop cleanliness, vendor relationships, staff scheduling and events
• Supervise - Senior and junior sales consultants, registrar and art handler
• Client Development - Networking, new client development, sales lead follow-up and attendance at art fairs, events, openings, etc.
• Administrative – Invoicing, liaising with warehouse on stock and inventory issues, in- house database, maintaining records of sales and daily reconciliation of registers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience of managing people or small teams
• Experience with Mac and associated software
• Happy to work independently and within a small team
• Art or luxury goods sales experience
• Commercial experience in a creative environment
• Adaptable with a hands on attitude
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Team player and demonstrable team management skills.
• Based in New York, NY
• Perm contract, health insurance
• You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement
• Able to use own initiative
• Flexible working hours which include weekends (i.e closing down, cashing up)
Please send cover letter and CV to: Lauren@othercriteria.com.