Despite what Friday's weather forecast might have you believe, it's actually the first day of spring — which, after this long, snowy winter, we're really excited about. Of course, that just gives us another excuse to shop, and we're ready: from lightweight coats to sparkly heels, these are the items we're eyeing for the season ahead.
Lauren Indvik, Editor in Chief
1. Raey double-faced long trench, $1,016, available at Matches Fashion: I've been craving an update to my classic Burberry trench, and this ankle-length version from Matches's in-house collection, Raey, absolutely fits the bill. Plus, it's super functional: my shins will never get wet again!
2. Marni linen asymmetric floral top, $1,000, available at Moda Operandi: I love everything about this top: The blue floral print, the crisp linen fabric, the asymmetric cut. It's a lot more than what I'd normally spend on a top, so I'm debating whether to buy the less expensive cotton version, or to wait for this version to go on sale.
3. Trademark car coat, $798, available at Trademark: Nothing says spring like a brightly colored coat. This one caught my eye because of its warm orangey hue, clean shape and square pockets. It would pair easily with my favorite navy silk button-down and white wide-leg jeans this season.
4. Ellery pool-print crepe skirt, $888, available at Matches Fashion: There's a lot to like about this skirt. It's my favorite length and shape (mid-calf, fluted), has an eye-catching neutral print and asymmetric hem — the kind of thing that's easy to wear with a solid top and sandals and look visually pleasing. Unfortunately for me, it sold out in my size on day one. Here's to hoping someone returns theirs.
5. Chloé gold-tone necklace, $725, available at Net-a-Porter: I've been eyeing a few more pieces on the expensive end of the fashion jewelry spectrum lately — like this Chloé circular gold-tone pendant, which would easily dress up my everyday basics.
6. Zara high heel sandal, $79.90, available at Zara: After about a decade of swearing off heels, I'm wearing them again. While I have no intention of wearing stilettos, ever, I have added a couple of pairs with modest block heels to my collection. For spring/summer, I've got my eye on these Zara sandals as an easy pair for the office.
Dhani Mau, Senior Editor
1. Band of Outsiders silk-satin twill shirt, $475, available at Net-a-Porter: This shirt has an interesting romantic, vintage feel. I like that it's a feminine color and satin-y finish, in a masculine silhouette.
2. J.Crew high-waisted denim mini skirt, $88, available at J.Crew: Add high-waisted denim skirts to my list of things that I buy every version of that I can find. I see myself wearing this one multiple times per week through summer.
3. Maison Kitsuné silver flare dress, $579, available at Shopbop: I wanted this dress as soon as I saw it at Kitsuné's spring 2015 show during New York Fashion Week. There, it was styled with a collared shirt, which is likely how I'd wear it — or with a t-shirt on warmer days.
4. Rachel Comey float one-piece, $287, available at Madewell: I've been looking for the perfect strapless one-piece swimsuit for going on three summers now. I just think they're so chic, and with this little keyhole, just the right amount of sexy.
5. Superga 2750 velu sneaker, $79, available at Steven Alan: These are the perfect white sneakers for if you don't want to have the same white sneakers as everyone else. I also love the adorably childlike velcro detail.
6. & Other Stories sling back suede sandalettes, $150, available at & Other Stories: There is just so much yes happening with these shoes.
Alyssa Vingan, Senior Editor
1. A.P.C. denim shirt dress, $340, available at Net-A-Porter: I really, really want a denim skirt and/or dress this season, and this option from A.P.C. is the cutest I’ve found thus far. (Also, I am still sad I didn’t jump on the Alexa Chung for AG collection before it sold out immediately.)
2. J.Crew cotton-linen boy shirt, $79.50, available at J.Crew: This is the sort of thing I could see myself wearing every day, in one million different ways — like open over a bathing suit at the beach, or with rolled-up sleeves and denim shorts to brunch.
3. Frei trench coat in blush, $385, available at The Arrivals: I’ve been meaning to buy a waterproof trench for a few years now. This one isn’t only at a great price point, but it also comes in a sweet blush pink (as opposed to the classic camel), which gives it plenty of personality. Plus, the length is convertible, so it can be worn long or short.
4. Isabel Marant Étoile cropped trousers, $365, available at Matches Fashion: Just what I need, more stripes! I saw these nautical linen pants in a shop window in Milan, and I still regret not picking them up right then and there.
5. Clio sandals, about $126, available at Ancient Greek Sandals: These simple, go-anywhere sandals are just what my wardrobe needs for summer.
6. Mini bucket bag in flamma, $610, available at Mansur Gavriel: I may or may not have bought one of these bags in a very hasty manner after I saw that an online stockist was taking pre-orders. But, as far as impulse purchases go, I doubt I will regret this one too much.
Tyler McCall, Senior Associate Editor
1. Miu Miu glitter finish pumps, $685, available at Net-a-Porter: Living in New York City makes stiletto heels fairly impractical. These might be a little twee, but the chunky heel is sturdy enough to pound Big Apple pavement.
2. Dita von Teese Madame X bra in white, $70, available at Nordstrom: If my bra is going to show under my clothes, it had better be a pretty one, and I like that the bondage-esque straps on this cut through the sweetness of everything else a bit.
3. Saylor Lissa dress in sky blue, $297, available at ShopBop: For spring and summer, I'm all about lightness, both in color and in texture. I'm attracted to soft pastels and floaty laces and chiffons, which is why this dress — with pockets! so important — is at the top of my shopping list.
4. Bumble & Bumble Surf Infusion spray, $29, available at Sephora: What goes better with mermaid #aesthetic than actual mermaid hair? Exactly.
5. Mermaid's treasure ring, $98, available at Catbird: The word "mermaid" is in the name — what's not to like? A dainty gold band with a unique natural pearl; it's just the delicate accessory I need.
6. The Transport Weekender, $298, available at Madewell: I'm doing a lot of weekend travel to visit my boyfriend, and I need a tote upgrade. I'm eyeing this substantial leather one which would look chic even on the Megabus to Washington, D.C.
Eliza Brooke, Associate Editor
1. MSGM dungaree dress, $185, available at Farfetch: While on the hunt for classic overalls, I got sidetracked by this super sweet dress. Perfect to wear with sneakers.
2. Chinti and Parker silk shirt, $405, available at Net-a-Porter: Pajamas for everyday wear. Hyello.
3. Benefit hydrating tinted lip balm, $18, available at Sephora: For me, spring means cheerier makeup, so this moisturizing take on Benefit's classic Benetint is the way to go.
4. Green suede Vans, $49, available at Tactics: Classic low top Vans, redone in green suede. Can't get much better than that.
Chantal Fernandez, Associate Editor
1. Oak Box tee in white, $75, available at Oak: Is there anything better than a super soft white tee? This one is sleeveless and perfect for layering under my overalls.
2. Moto boyfriend jeans, $125, available at Topshop: Continuing with my white tonal theme, these off-white boyfriend jeans from Topshop are comfortable, but more approachable, than bright white pairs.
3. Penfield parka jacket, $200, available at Madewell: Transitional jackets are a thing! Madewell says it's perfect for "woodsy walks and urban strolls." Do I do anything else?
4. & Other Stories bucket bag, $195, available at & Other Stories: Now that bucket bags are so in they're over, I feel like I'm ready to get one, like this roomy but sleek two-toned one.
5. SeaVees 'Pan Am' sneaker in white, $88, available at SeaVees: Lightweight and light colored sneakers always go with everything in the spring and summer. I like a classic style that isn't so white that it will always look dirty.
Lauren Sherman, Editor at Large
1. Vintage medium wash boyfriend jeans, $125, available at Denim Refinery: It took a couple of tries, but I finally found the perfect pair of vintage 501s.
2. New Balance sneakers, $70, available at Need Supply: Because my white sneakers are dirty.
3. Asymmetrical skirt, €390, available at Lemaire: I have no idea if Lemaire ships internationally, but I will soon find out.
4. Cheek and Lip Glow, $27, available at Dior: This smells minty and looks great.
5. Everlane navy anorak, $98, available at Everlane: Even in the spring, I cannot curb my coat addiction.
6. Studio Nicholson gingham top, $405, available at Net-a-Porter: I'll wear it with wide-leg pants and (dirty) white sneakers.
Cheryl Wischhover, Beauty Editor at Large
1. Club Monaco Kendra jumper, $229, available at Club Monaco: If any retailer can convince me to buy a white short jumper — and then weirdly, inexplicably make it look good on me — it is Club Monaco.
2. Theory ruffled shirtdress, $385, available at Neiman Marcus: I've been trying to order this dress for two months and it keeps getting backordered by weeks at a time. Please sell me this dress, Theory.
3. Proenza Schouler PS Courier small backpack, $1,675, available at Bergdorf Goodman: Wouldn't this look so cute with that Theory dress that they refuse to sell me?
4. Isabel Marant flat leather pom pom sandal, $905, available at Bergdorf Goodman: I am not normally an Isabel Marant fan (I know, I know) but something about these speak to me. The sheer ridiculous number of tassels maybe? Probably.
5. & Other Stories fishnet-knit sweater, $90, available at & Other Stories: This sweater is very Alexander Wang-y without the Wang-y price tag. Long live #athleisure.