Reports to: VP Marketing
Location: LA & Fountain Valley
The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for managing public relations for SUPRA Footwear and in coordination with US Agency of record and coordinating Global PR with Marketing Managers and local agencies.
Key objectives for this role include maintaining the stature of the brand, improving the public image of the brand and outlining key strategies that will elevate the brand. This person needs to be able to think holistically about how all PR activities work together to achieve the goal of creating brand awareness, driving sales and overall brand equity. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and will need to interface with the international marketing teams in Fountain Valley and Europe.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management of North America PR agency relationships.
- Have a keen awareness of appropriate key media outlets
- Managing and maintaining master global calendar of important events and HQ support of those events
- Overseeing global PR sample and seeding orders, issuing deadlines and placing orders within budget
- Interfacing with Freelance Seeding personnel and managing their product orders
- Facilitating any special VIP request from approved source, from inventory or stores
- Facilitating press and interview requests for key execs
- Reviewing and issuing global press highlights to set distribution list of staff and Partners
- Reviewing any editorial request and making recommendation on how to best service
- Drafting all press releases for approval and final distribution on timely bases
- Manage International Exposure Site
- Coordination for any USA based event, managing costs and budgets.
- Organizing guest lists and invitations for events
- Providing support for Annual Sales Summit as needed
- Maintain keen awareness of competitive set and sharing information relevant to industry category
- Sharing all important press in proper format to Community Manager
- Fostering new and maintaining strong relationships with key press and journalists
- Facilitating any individual domestic or international PR need specific to their markets on timely basis.
- Evaluating and presenting opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Seek and manage any interns through out the year for general support
- 2-4 years experience at an apparel/footwear/designer brand
- Strong women's and men’s fashion press contacts
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Understanding of budget and department cost management
- Highly efficient, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and work across many projects at once
- Pro-active, self-motivated and a team player
- Experience in Event Organization
- Able to take direction and work well under pressure
- Must have a strong interest in fashion, apparel, brands with style and character
- Photoshop, Excel and Word proficient