The Black Tux is striving to be the first suit and rental company that doesn't feel like one. We've distilled that mission down to two main points: 1, the suit should fit, and 2, the experience should be simple and rewarding.
We're seeking an Editorial Director to organize, oversee and execute our editorial efforts. We see editorial content as an integral element of our brand and a vital tool for communicating with our audience. Our goal is to find an individual who can transform our content strategy, infusing our output with style, confidence, adventurousness and humor. You'll work in our Santa Monica headquarters where you'll collaborate with our designers, social media team and analytics experts to bring our brand to life and add value to our customer experience through blog posts, feature stories and interviews. You'll also help define our voice as it applies to products, events and marketing.
We're looking for someone who's motivated, resourceful and above all, very creative and collaborative. We're offering a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and the opportunity to help define a young, innovative company on the verge of revolutionizing an entire industry.
To apply, please send your resume to Andrew@theblacktux.com.
- Establish and refine the brand's editorial voice, and develop how editorial content can elevate and enhance The Black Tux's business goals.
- Be directly responsible for the creation of new types of content and the improvement our current offerings.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop brand positioning and messaging, and ensure that it is carried out throughout the user experience – from features to product descriptions.
- Find on-brand topics and subjects to cover for engaging features, interviews and articles on the site
- Generate ideas for how to continually engage our community through storytelling and imagery
- Oversee all copy (marketing, product, general website content), ensuring it is unique to The Black Tux and represents the brand's voice and integrity
- Develop, elevate, and protect the language of the brand
- Establish and oversee an editorial calendar to integration content across the organization with seasonal merchandising, marketing efforts, and PR pushes
- Be responsible for editorial departmental process and project management, from concept to execution
- Manage editorial budget for content creation, freelance contributors, etc.
- Work closely with the technology and digital marketing teams to leverage analytics insights and incorporate analytics feedback into decision-making about content curation.
- Uncover opportunities for partnerships including casting, personalities, branded collaborations, film, television, commercials, media campaigns, and music events
- 5+ years experience in editorial roles pertaining to fashion, culture, and/or style
- Experience working with creative teams from concept through execution
- Excellent, creative, and clear copywriting abilities
- Strong project, budget, and leadership skills